Nutrisystem Nutrition Facts About Weight Loss from Health Experts – Does It Work for Weight Loss?
Facts from our Nutrisystem Review
- Location: Fort Washington, PA
- Products: Direct-to-consumer weight loss meal kits; DNA testing kit
- Privacy: Share aggregate or de-identified information for marketing, advertising, shipping, billing, and other purposes
- Cost: Prices range from $9.09/day to $25.32/day for women and $7.79/day to $22.73/day for men, dependent on the type of plan and order option
- Availability: available in all US states
- Reviews: Generally good
- Complementary products: Nebula Genomics (decodes 100% of DNA and enables to explore many genetic traits associated with nutrition)
Review of Nutrisystem Nutrition Facts
The company delivers pre-packed Nutrisystem food directly to a consumer’s home and provides information for fresh food to purchase on nutrisystem Official Website. In addition to online ordering, customers can pick up Nutrisystem at Walmart, Target, and Sam’s Club.
To start a diet, a customer enters the website using their Nutrisystem login, chooses a plan, selects Nutrisystem meals and snacks, and waits for them to be delivered. The auto-delivery option allows customers to receive a planned shipment every 4 weeks.
You can receive special offers by simply editing your delivery type. With 4-week plan order auto-delivery you receive a special discount off the regular one-time rate and with this offer you are automatically charged and shipped your plan once every 4 weeks until you cancel.
This offer is only available to residents of the United States who are at least 18 years of age or older. You will save on meal plans by paying two shipments with one order or even paying for three shipments at a time. You’ll only physically receive one shipment at a time.
To make the calorie restriction process easier, Nutrisystem provides several of your meals for you. These meals are either frozen or shelf-stable, but fully cooked and only require reheating. Nutrisystem also provides shakes that you can use for snacks.
Example meals include:
- Breakfast: multigrain cereal with skim milk, banana
- Snack 1: protein shake made with skim milk
- Lunch: turkey and cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread
- Snack 2: whole grain crackers and cheese
- Dinner: baked salmon, brown rice, salad with vinaigrette dressing
- Snack 3: 2–4 squares of dark chocolate
How much does Nutrisystem cost?
Nutrisystem offers several plans, each of which varies in terms of price, menu choices, and the number of meals included. Nutrisystem Nutrition Facts here’s a closer look at the starting prices for each plan (2):
Basic Diabetes Plan
Uniquely Yours Diabetes Plan
|Uniquely Yours MAX+||• $14.28/day for 5 days of meals and snacks
• $16.48/day for 7 days of meals and snacks
|• $12.98 for 5 days of meals and snacks
• $15.20/day for 7 days of meals and snacks
|Uniquely Yours Ultimate Diabetes Plan||$14.99/day||$13.74/day|
|Complete Plan||$6.14/day for 6 months of meals and snacks||$5.82/day for 6 months of meals and snacks|
Free shipping is included for all the plans listed above.
The company also sells protein shakes, which cost around $2.85 per serving. Other add-ons are available at an additional cost, including snack and side dish bundles.
Nutrisystem Nutrition Facts they also offers a money-back guarantee for all new customers. According to its website, if you aren’t satisfied with your purchase, you can call a toll-free number and return any remaining food to receive a full refund, minus shipping.
Keep in mind that this only applies to your first order and is limited to first-time customers who purchase a new 4-week plan.
How does Nutrisystem work?
Nutrisystem is a 4-week program. However, you can repeat the 4-week program as many times as you like.
On Nutrisystem, you should aim to eat six small meals per day, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and three snacks.
Several of these will be frozen meals or shakes that are provided by Nutrisystem and designed to be nutritionally balanced, providing a combination of fiber, protein, and fats.
Week 1 is a bit different from the remainder of the program. During this week, you eat 3 meals, 1 snack, and 1 specially formulated Nutrisystem shake per day. According to the company, this regimen supposedly prepares your body for weight loss success.
However, during the remaining 3 weeks, you should aim to eat six times per day. For meals and snacks that are not provided by Nutrisystem, the company recommends choosing lean, low calorie, and low sodium options.
Each week, you’re also allowed a total of up to eight “Flex Meals” — 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners, and 2 snacks — to account for meals that may not be ideal for weight loss but may be part of a holiday or special occasion.
You can also use the free NuMi app provided by Nutrisystem for meal planning guidance.
The NuMi app, which is available on both Google Play and the Apple App Store, offers several unique features, including:
- tracking for both Nutrisystem meals and regular foods
- weight logs to monitor your progress
- daily reminders for water intake, exercise, and meal logging
- free resources, including recipes, tips, and informational articles
- challenges, contests, and special offers from Nutrisystem
Nutrisystem offers several meal plans that cater to specific dietary needs. These meal plans feature the following pricing tiers:
- Basic: least expensive and provides 5 days of food per week with 100+ menu choices
- Uniquely Yours: most popular and provides 5 days of food per week with 150+ menu choices
- Uniquely Yours Max+: most expensive and provides 5 or 7 days of food per week with 160+ menu choices and premium meals
You can also select your own meal plan. The meal plans offered by Nutrisystem include:
- Standard. The standard Nutrisystem plan is targeted toward weight loss and contains a variety of popular meals and snacks.
- Men’s Plans. The Men’s Plans from Nutrisystem are the same as the standard plans listed above but contain additional snacks each week.
- Nutrisystem D. These plans are for people who have type 2 diabetes. These meals are high in protein and fiber, with a focus on foods that won’t cause rapid blood sugar spikes.
- Vegetarian Plan. This meal plan contains no meat but features dairy products, so it’s not appropriate for people following a vegan diet.
- Partner Plan. With this plan, you can order meals from the Uniquely Yours menu for two people.
Nutrisystem Nutrition Facts Pros and Cons
- Direct-to-consumer meals for weight management
- Relatively large menu selections
- Convenient ordering with little to no food prep needed
- Access to coaches, dieticians, and diabetes counselors as part of a healthy lifestyle
- Plans for vegetarians and people who do eat meat
- A majority of meals are processed and frozen
- Not designed to be a permanent diet
- Could be a high cost depending on the current grocery bill
- Not recommended for people with food allergies
What You Can Eat
After the initial week on the Nutrisystem diet, some foods other than those purchased from Nutrisystem are allowed.
Pre-Packaged Meals and Snacks
Nutrisystem meals each provide around 200 calories. These include comfort-food selections such as:
- Double chocolate muffins
- Macaroni and cheese
- Grilled chicken sandwiches
- Nutrisystem meal bars
The system’s shakes (“NutriCrush” or “Turbo Shakes”) contain whey protein, flavoring, sweeteners, and herbal ingredients such as monk fruit. Shakes provide around 120 calories per serving (without milk).
Nutrisystem-approved proteins are called “PowerFuels.” Each serving should provide 5 grams of protein and 80 to 120 calories. The list includes:
- Plant-based protein
- Low-fat dairy
Nutrisystem provides a list of “SmartCarbs”—low glycemic carbs that provide fiber. Each serving should provide at least 1 gram of fiber and 80 to 120 calories. The approved list includes:
- Whole grains (oatmeal, whole wheat bread, whole grain pasta)
- Beans and legumes (chickpeas, black beans, kidney beans)
- Fruit (banana, apple, orange)
- Starchy vegetables (potatoes, corn, squash, carrots)
Nutrisystem customers are strongly encouraged to consume at least 4 servings of non-starchy vegetables each day. You can also consume low-sodium vegetable juice as an alternative. Each serving is equivalent to 1/2 cup cooked or 1 cup raw of approved veggies, which include:
- Bell peppers
- Green beans
Foods defined as “Extras” and “Free Foods” allow you to prepare, season, and flavor your food. Approved “Free Food” seasonings should provide no more than 10 calories per serving but are unlimited on the plan. Free condiments include:
“Extras” should only provide 10 to 35 calories per serving.
- Sunflower oil
You can drink:
- Black coffee
- Unsweetened tea
- Herbal tea
Alcohol is also allowed on Nutrisystem, but in limited quantities. You can have two servings of alcohol per week. A serving is considered:
- 4 ounces of dry wine
- 12 ounces of light beer
- 1.5 ounces of liquor (80–90 proof)
Nutrisystem Nutrition Facts – What You Cannot Eat
Any foods beyond what is listed as compliant and in the compliant amounts are not allowed on the Nutrisystem diet. Most foods are allowed as long as they are within compliant measurements, with the exception of non-Nutrisystem’s sweets.
Sweets and Desserts
After you subscribe to a Nutrisystem Nutrition Facts program, food is delivered to your door. If you sign up for auto-delivery, you’ll continue to pay for and receive orders every four weeks until you cancel your subscription.
How to Prepare the Nutrisystem Diet & Tips
The first week of the program is designed to “reboot your body,” and it is more restrictive than subsequent weeks. During this week, you only consume the brand’s food and shakes. This weeklong program is designed for quick weight loss of fewer than 10 pounds and can be purchased without investing in a longer-term meal plan.
After the first week, Nutrisystem customers incorporate two flex meals during the week. These meals are prepared using ingredients that you purchase. Grocery guides are provided so customers know what foods are compliant. Restaurant meals are allowed as flex meals. Nutrisystem’s NuMi app provides specific guidance for which menu items to select and which to avoid when dining out.
There is no specific meal timing and fasting is not required for the plan. There are no special books to buy, but the NuMi app is strongly recommended.
Children under the age of 18 should not be on Nutrisystem, but some teens aged 14 to 17 years are permitted to follow a specific meal plan upon physician approval.
Conclusion – Nutrisystem Nutrition Facts Weight Loss Plans With Meals Reviews
Nutrisystem is internationally famous for its fast weight loss results. It allows individuals to lose weight naturally by receiving professionally made, healthy, low-calorie Weight Loss Plans With Meals delivered daily.
There are different plans from which a new user can subscribe. Everyone should try Nutrisystem to experience its benefits – healthy weight loss and enabling a healthy eating lifestyle.
The overall price, benefits, and various discounts make Weight Loss Plans With Meals Nutrisystem worth every penny. And as always, if you find you do not like the product or the product/ plan is not working for you, there’s the option of returning with a Money Back Guarantee. Visit the official website of Nutrisystem to learn more!