Best Moisturizer for Dry Skin – Your Guide For Best Face Moisturizer
Many skin care companies claim to have the best moisturizer for dry skin and assert that their products last up to twelve hours (or even more!) to keep the skin smooth and moisturized. However, as you shop, you may feel that all moisturizers start to look the same, even those that are formulated for dry skin.
This can be overwhelming, because with such a plethora of information, how can you tell which is the best moisturizer for dry skin in your situation?
However, there is a key to finding the best moisturizer for dry skin, and once you understand how your skin reacts to certain environmental factors and why your skin is dry; it will be easier to find a moisturizer that works for you. When you shop for moisturizer, keep in mind that that there are three main factors to choosing the best face moisturizer for dry skin.
Are you struggling with facial wrinkles and sagging skin? Learn New Way to Safely Remove Unsightly Wrinkles, eye bags fast
The Climate and Dry Skin
If your skin tends to only be dry in the summer and in the winter, then this is most likely due to changing weather conditions and a lack of humidity in the air, which makes it vital to find the best face moisturizer for dry skin to give your skin an added boost. Your skin may be dry if you live in an arid region that does not see much rain. In the winter, a lack of moisture in the air, coupled with dry, heated indoor environments may make the problem even worse.
To combat this problem and to choose the best moisturizer for dry skin caused by weather changes, consider a product that contains lactic acid. Not only will this alpha hydroxyl acid even out your skin tone and reduce fine lines and wrinkles with continuous use, it will also help the skin retain moisture so that the moisturizer is more effective and lasts longer.
Age-Related Skin Dryness
As the skin ages, the moisture barrier weakens and the collagen fibers begin to degrade; leading to wrinkles and dull skin. In addition, this may lead to thinner, crepey skin. To alleviate this issue, the best moisturizer for dry skin will be one that addresses aging skin as well.
Look for ingredients such as retinol, which helps cells behave as they should and encourages the skin to make new, healthy cells, and vitamin C, which flushes impurities from the skin and protects it from free radicals that are caused by the UV rays of the sun. Further, you may want to choose a moisturizer that works overnight, to help repair your skin during the body’s natural reparative time cycle.
Not all moisturizers are created with the same ingredients, and some brands include elements that may irritate sensitive skin; such as those that create fragrance, artificial dyes, and strong preservatives. This leaves those with dry skin and sensitivity with few choices when it comes to treating their skin.
However, if you have sensitive skin or suffer from skin issues like rosacea or eczema, you still have options when it comes to choosing the best moisturizer for dry skin. For example, consider a product that contains aloe Vera or aloe Vera extract, as this ingredient soothes inflammation naturally and without harsh side effects. It also provides the skin with a layer of protection as it helps the skin retain moisture.
Another ingredient that may benefit those with dry, sensitive skin is vitamin E. Vitamin E builds a barrier on the skin to help it retain and lock away moisture naturally, and without any harmful side effects. Avoid moisturizers that contain artificial colors, dyes, and alcohol-based ingredients, as these are all known skin irritants; the best moisturizer for dry skin will have more natural ingredients that will help you reach your skin care goals without experiencing any irritation.
Tips on Moisturizer for Dry Skin
1. Look for products that contain SPF. Sunburns can inflict terrible damage upon skin that is already dry. Dry skin needs extra protection from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
2. Consider investing in a humidifier. Air moisture levels drop significantly with the use of air-conditioners. In winters the climate is naturally dry and devoid of moisture. Using a humidifier to increase moisture levels in the air surrounding you will help your skin remain hydrated rather than parched.
3. Night creams are of great help to people with dry skin. These creams are rich in nutrients and are generally thicker and more moisture-dense than day creams. Cleanse your face well and apply night cream before you sleep and notice the difference.
4. Even dry skin can get clogged pores when you pile layers and layers of oil-based creams on it. Cleanse and scrub your face on a regular basis and use a hydrating toner such as rose water before you apply your usual daytime moisturizer.
5. Using mineral makeup and liquid-based foundations can help maintain sebum levels. Powder-based cosmetics left for a long time have drying effects.
Oil Cleansing: Deep-condition Your Dry Skin
We all enjoy relaxing at a spa or salon for a dry-skin facial and leave the place with nourished glowing skin. But you can get similar results by following these simple steps at home twice a week to replenish lost moisture:
1. Cleanse face with a face-wash formulated for dry skin.
2. Apply a mixture of 1:1 castor oil and olive oil all over face and neck and massage with firm circular movements in an upward direction. Do this for 7-8 minutes till you feel your face muscles relax and healthy stimulate blood circulation.
3. Soak a soft face towel in hot running water, keeping the warmth to as much as you can comfortably bear. Wring out excess water. Place it on your face and let it stay there till it begins to cool down. Wipe face with the same towel.
4. Wash the same towel under running hot water again and repeat the above process 3 to 4 times until your skin feels clean, but not totally dried out. It should feel free of excess oil, but supple and hydrated.
5. You may now apply your favourite night cream or two drops of the same oil mixture to moisturize your face.
6. Give yourself a good night’s sleep and wake up to refreshed youthful glowing skin!